Reports To: Production Supervisor
EmbedTek is a Waukesha, Wisconsin based firm that designs and manufactures embedded systems for OEMs. These systems include deeply embedded computer systems, liquid crystal display (LCD) based products, industrial and factory floor computers, industrial I/O & power control and board level component subsystems. EmbedTek provides creative solutions that help our customers to be market leaders in their specific field. We become an extension of our customer’s R&D department and develop a thorough understanding of short and long term needs. This allows our customers to produce products which will take the lead and stay ahead of competition.
The Production Technician is critical to the Company’s success in providing quality products to our customers in a timely fashion. This position is responsible for executing the daily activities of the manufacturing environment, including the manufacturing/assembly of new product as well as the repair of products that have failed in the field.
This position provides an opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a growing business and to build a customer focused manufacturing environment that supports the company’s strategic growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Perform the manufacturing of embedded systems in accordance with company procedures and build instructions
– Adherence to established manufacturing and material control policies and procedures in compliance with ISO quality standards
– Assist in the modification of detailed work instructions for the manufacturing, assembly and test of embedded systems
– Utilization of cellular and lean manufacturing techniques throughout production and depot repair
– Assist in the diagnosis and repair of embedded systems that have failed in manufacturing or in the field.
– Comply with ISO quality standards including capturing field failure data for analysis and reporting to the customer and suppliers
– Assist engineering and product management in the assembly and manufacturing of product prototypes
– Assist other areas of the manufacturing operations on an as needed basis
– Represent the Company professionally, honestly and ethically in all respects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with a customer service perspective. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Education ~ Associates degree in computer hardware (or equivalent) preferred, or two years of experience in manufacturing or customer service for a computer hardware manufacturer or related field along with experience in cellular manufacturing.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Will have basic skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook programs. Should be detail orientated and able to handle multiple tasks at one time. The candidate must have very good organizational skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work as a member of a team.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EmbedTek is an equal-opportunity employer. EEOC.
To apply for this job, please complete the Candidate Submission Form.